CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Like An Angel Passing Through My Room

Long-awaited darkness falls
Casting shadows on the walls.
In the twilight hour I am alone
Sitting near the fireplace,
Dying embers warm my face.
In this peaceful solitude,
All the outside world subdued,
Everything comes back to me again
In the gloom
Like an angel passing through my room.

Half-awake and half in dreams
Seeing long forgotten scenes,
So the present runs into the past
Now and then become entwined,
Playing games within my mind.
Like the embers as they die,
Love was one prolonged good-bye
And it all comes back to me tonight
In the gloom
Like an angel passing through my room.

I close my eyes
And my twilight images go by
All too soon
Like an angel passing through my room.

Though much of the Christmas celebration centers appropriately on joyful festivities, there are also the calm moments that invite quite reflection and the cherishing of old, often poignant memories. In this song the stillness that accompanies these reminiscences assumes an almost sacred quality, brightening a dark night. I feel so reflective during Christmas especially this year because of the passing of a most beloved father, my sweet sister-in-law, and now my dear friend's husband passed just this week. The cycle of life is a beautiful thing and so joyful to be a part of but yet the emotions run deep and gratefully the memories carry us through. I feel angels pass through my life often and I can only hope to somehow be an angel for someone in need! Love Allyson

2 comments:

Andrea W. said...

That's beautiful, Ally. I've never heard that song before. It's perfect.

Ally said...

Oh Ange, that's that grogeous song sung by Sissel! It's abousolutely beautiful and I Love it!