CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Checkin It Twice

I spent more than a whole day shopping and searching for a plastic toy horse for Noah. He has really developed an interest in horses, wants to learn more about them, loves playing with them and daily wishes he could ride one. He's asked numerous times if we could have one for a pet in our back yard. I thought for Christmas he might enjoy a plastic toy horse to play with. I searched and shopped and looked to no avail, I could picture exactly the one I wanted to locate. Finally a friend suggested the IFA store, which was a good idea because we did find some but I was shocked at the price. I had no idea they were collectors items and cost a pretty penny. I couldn't believe it! I was just looking for a dollar store type plastic horse, not a collectors item, just a cute little toy for a 7 year old boy. Discouraged, I purchased the collectors item paying way more than I wanted or even thought the plastic toy horse collectors item was worth! I was frustrated I had spent so much time, money and effort on such a simple thing! The next day while talking on the phone retelling the adventures of hunting down this horse I picked up some discarded plastic animals mindlessly playing with them when I realized the one I was holding was the exact plastic horse I had pictured in my mind and spent so much energy chasing down! He already had one! No wonder I could picture exactly what I wanted to surprise him with! At least I was right, he would enjoy this gift because he already has one and enjoys it very much! Crazy running around in circles, spinning wheels for Christmas presents and list to be completed! Just a small example of how I feel this Christmas Season in some part has gone this year! Love Allyson

2 comments:

Andrea W. said...

That is hilarious, Ally and oh so sad. So, did you keep it and give it to him anyway? Did he love it?

Ally said...

Ange, I asked Mike to return it since the IFA store is close to his work but he said for the price it's not worth his time and to give it to him anyway! I held it back though because I found the little cheapy $1 ones I was looking for and will give him the nice one for his Birthday! So I guess I'm a jump ahead on that factor!