CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

You Mean I have to Dust

Finally! The house is decorated and much to my surprise pulled together quite nicely. I tell you dimming the lights is the secret. Anything can look festive and pretty if you just dim the lights, light some candles, get a nice scent going, music playing, and have the Christmas tree lights on. It is a huge job, while I pull my hair out, I promise I won't do this again next year. But then, it all falls in place and looks rather nice. There's no way I could skip the decorations, my children absolutely love them. Christmas would seem a tad empty without all the trimmings. We love pulling out ornaments we've had for years, remembering who gave them to us, or which trip we purchased them on! We love reflecting over the memories of the gift given by a loved one. We have a statue of Mary-Joseph-Baby Jesus given to us by my sister-in-law Karen who has now passed on. We think of her and remember her every time we see the beautiful statue. She was a choice person in our lives and we miss her. We have miniature gold ornaments of a firetruck, sleigh, church, ship and many more that my father gave to me when I was in high school. We fondly and lovingly unwrap each one and carefully place on our tree remembering him and how much we love and now miss him since he left us this year! Ah memories, Ah missing, Ah all the emotions, so many, seem to bubble out when I hear a beautiful song. Don't listen to Bing Crosby's version of "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas" if you don't want to miss Dad. Their voices sound so similar and when Bing whistles I can't hold the tears back anymore! He sounds just like my Dad! Oh I miss him! Oh my heart aches for my mom who misses him so much more than I can comprehend! Now that my eyes are filled with tears I'll return to my original intent of this post which was dusting. So the house looks pretty, presents, trimmings, decorations and treats GALORE! I settle down for a 2 minute break with hot chocolate in hand after all the morning mayhem of getting the boys off to school with 5 separate schedules and see the sun streaming through the front room windows and see.... DUST! What? Is that DUST? Everywhere! You mean it's not good enough to get the house trimmed, NOW I have to DUST it!!! Love Allyson

0 comments: